PayPal is not the only popular option for online shopping, but you can send money through Paypal to friends and family in minutes. This Androidpureapps teaches you how to send money to others from your computer, phone, or tablet using your PayPal account.
Send money through PayPal
- First, you have to open the PayPal app on your android cellphone or tablet. It’s a blue “P” icon. You can usually find it on your home screen (iPhone, iPad, or Android) or in the app drawer (Android).
- Sign in to PayPal. If you have previously signed in, you will be notified to sign in again by entering your password or using biometrics (such as Touch ID). Alternatively, sign in with your PayPal account now.
- If you are new to PayPal, you will need to create an account and add a payment method before sending money online. Click the signup link and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account. For more information on setting up your account, see how you use PayPal.
- learn how to link your bank account, debit, or credit card to PayPal.
- Click the send button. PayPal is a blue icon with money and an arrow in the lower-left corner.
- If this is your first time using an app to pay, let’s start with blue! Tap the button on the lower side of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import your contacts. This permits you to simply send money to your iPhone / iPad or Android contacts. Tap Access Contacts, and follow the on-screen instructions to grant permission.
- If you do not want to use your contacts, tap Not Now.
- Select or enter a contact. When someone sends money to a contact, scroll down and select an email address or phone number. Otherwise, enter your email address or mobile phone number in the field at the top of the screen, then tap to pay.
- Before sending money, make sure your email address or phone number is correct so you don’t send money to someone else by mistake.
- To send money abroad, click on Send money to friends and family abroad and follow the on-screen directions to pay using Xoom.
- Enter the payment amount. Enter a number using the on-screen keypad. If the currency type (eg USD, Euro) is incorrect, tap the drop-down menu to select another type.
- Tap the blue button. It’s in the lower section of the screen.
- Choose your payment type. Choose Friends and Family to pay someone you know, or choose Goods & Services to pay for purchases.
- The payment type determines the amount of the payment. Private payments are free, but paying for goods requires a little PayPal purchase protection.
- Choose a payment method and tap Next. All payment methods linked to your account will be displayed.
- Paying with a linked bank account or PayPal balance is free. A small credit and debit card payment is charged. The amount is displayed below the payment form.
- If your PayPal balance is less than the payment amount, PayPal will use the balance and deduct the balance from your primary payment account.
- Review your payment and tap Send Now. To attach a message, tap Insert note below the value. After verifying that the information is correct, tap the button at the bottom of the screen to send money now. The payee will be notified of your payment immediately.
- If the recipient does not have a PayPal account, they will be prompted to create one.
What is the cost to send money through PayPal?
Money: Send home to friends and family through your PayPal balance or free bank account. When you send money from home to friends or family by credit card, bank card, or PayPal credit, 2.9% of the amount sent this way is charged a flat fee of $0.30.
Can I pay someone directly through PayPal?
Log in to your PayPal.com account, select “Pay or Send” and choose whether you want to pay for goods or services or send money to friends and family. Enter the recipient’s email address, mobile phone number, or name and click “Next”. Enter the values and click “Continue”.
What is the fastest way to send money via PayPal?
Instantly access your PayPal balance or PayPal Cash Plus balance. You can access your remaining PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus payments to pay instantly, or use Instant Transfer to transfer to your bank account. * Transfers are made in a few minutes, up to 30 minutes, depending on the bank. Only credit cards are valid.