By linking a bank account to your PayPal account, you can send money online from your bank, including using your bank card or writing a check. And when someone sends you money through PayPal, you can deposit it directly into your bank account. You can link your savings or test account to PayPal using the mobile app or PayPal.com.
Linking a bank account to your PayPal
- Start the PayPal app. You can easily send and receive money online by linking your bank account to your PayPal account.
- To link your bank account this way, you must have a PayPal account and an Android or iOS app installed.
- No matter which bank you use, you will have to wait 2-3 business days to verify your account. This differs from the web version with the option to auto-connect to some major banks.
- Log in to PayPal. When prompted, enter your email address and password and tap “Sign In”. After logging in, you will see your PayPal profile.
- Click the gear shape icon to open the settings located at the upper-right corner of the screen. When the recording is complete, you will see a menu with several options.
- Select “Banks and Cards” from the menu. You will now see the “Banks and Credits” screen where you can add and delete cards and bank accounts.
- Tap the “+” icon and choose “Bank Account”. A screen appears with the option “link a Bank”.
- Choose your account type from the “Type” menu. Tap on the word “Type” and select “Checking” or “Savings” from the menu.
- Enter your account details. Enter the route number and bank account number for the void provided. Find this information on your bank statement or check your bank statement. The root number is the first set of nine numbers printed at the bottom of each check. The account number is the second set of numbers on the check, the numbers 3-17.
- Tap “Connect this bank”. Within 2-3 days, PayPal will add two small amounts between $.01 and $.99 to your bank account to verify that your account details are correct. Once these deposits are made from your account, you are ready to verify your bank account through PayPal.
- We verify your bank account in 2-3 business days. Once PayPal confirms the two micro-deposits, you are ready to verify your online account. These payments are temporary and will be canceled by PayPal shortly after verification.
- Log in to PayPal on your mobile device. Once you receive two micro-deposits, launch the PayPal app and log into your account.
- Tap the gear icon. The settings menu expands.
- Select “Banks and Cards” from the menu. You will see your new unverified bank account here.
- Select your bank account from the list. Please adjust the minimum deposit amount of two as you will deposit in 2 seconds.
- Tap “Status” to enter two deposit amounts. You must include it as it appears in your account.
- Click “Submit” to confirm your account. This bank account is now linked to PayPal. You can now use it to send and receive money online.
Related: Must read
Do not link your PayPal account with a bank or bank card account. If your PayPal account is suspended your bank account will be deducted directly … However, under state law (Rule E), you have two days to file a fraud claim with your bank.
What happens if I connect my bank account with PayPal?
Linking your bank account to your PayPal account is an easy way to track your spending. When you connect your bank account, it will become your automatic payment method if you do not select or do not have a preferred source of support and your PayPal balance is insufficient to process the transaction.
Your bank account must be a US bank. … the name in your bank account must match the name in your PayPal account. At a time a bank account cannot be linked to more than one account.
Can someone hack into your PayPal account with your email address?
Yes, someone can use your email address to sign in to your PayPal account, criminals can use sensitive websites to steal sensitive information, email spam, etc. to retrieve your password, and that person can access your email password. Account your PayPal if you can.