PayPal is an e-commerce company that manages personal transfers and online money transactions. PayPal allows users to pay for goods and services or simply send money to anyone with an email account. Launched in 2000, PayPal is available in more than 150 markets and can finance payments in 24 countries. Anyone can accept payment from PayPal using their services by following these simple instructions.
Accept payment from PayPal through open an account
- If you haven’t already, open a PayPal business account. Visit the PayPal homepage and click the “Business” tab at the top of the page to get started. Then tap at the “Get Started” button in the middle of the screen.
- You can register for a personal account on this page.
- At the forward screen, choose “Create a new account”. Follow the given directions to set up your merchant account. Once PayPal has verified your information, you are ready to accept credit card payments on your website or via phone, mail, or fax by verifying your email and paying by email.
- To create an account, you must provide a valid email address and basic information about your business.
- If applicable, use the “Special Solutions” tab. If you don’t have a business, but want to raise funds using PayPal, click the “Special Solutions” tab in the upper right corner of the “Business” page to select the best option. There are non-profit options, digital assets, education, political campaigns, government, and financial services. Choose the category that best describes you.
- If any of the above does not match, call our toll-free number and speak with a doctor who can help you set up your account.
Use of mobile devices
- If you don’t have an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet, get one. PayPal lets you accept credit card payments from Apple or Android devices. This is especially true for small businesses and individuals who receive most of their payments on the street, such as food trucks, small street vendors, etc.
- In the US, PayPal charges 2.7% of all mobile cards used. If you manually enter your card number or scan with your smartphone camera, the fee increases slightly (3.5% + $ .15 per payment).
- Download the PayPal Here app to your device. This app is available for free on the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Install the app on your device.
- Open the app. You will be notified to sign in with your PayPal account. The app verifies your address and phone number. After that, we will send you a free reading card attachment. Complete the registration process using the verification code you received via email.
- Follow the instructions to update your business details. You can choose to include your location, website, and Facebook. This information will appear on the customer receipt.
- Follow the instructions in the app to set up your program. The easiest option would be to include each sale, but you can also create a list of products with individual prices to choose from. When the customer is ready to pay, connect your PayPal card reader to the audio jack on your device. You should receive a notification of “Card Reader Connected”.
- Enter the customer purchase price. Select “Card” on the next page. Slide the customer card into the card reader. Cards must be face down.
- When you swipe, it uses smooth and fast movements to force the entire magnetic field with the card reader.
- Even if you do not have a card reader yet, you can still pay with your credit card. You will be notified to manually enter your card details or scan using your phone.
- Get your customers to sign directly from their smartphones. Click “Finish Purchase” to complete the sale and receive payment. Provide customers with email receipts.
Receive payment by email
- Get a correct email address and a PayPal account connected with that address. If you are an independent contractor, this is the only way you need to get remote payments online. This option is especially useful for freelancers who work online. Many self-employed people choose this payment method to facilitate one-time payments.
- Employers also need a PayPal account for this method. If you are not sure if your employer accepts this payment method, ask your employer.
- Even if the person making the payment doesn’t have a PayPal account, they can still charge you money. After logging into the My PayPal page, click Submit & Request. On the next page, click Request Amount and enter the person’s email address and the requested amount. On the next page, add notes if you want. Then click Request and PayPal will send you a request and notify you when your payment arrives.
- Please tell your employer the email address you used for your PayPal account. This is all you need to do if you want to get paid. Employers using this payment method provide payment details.
- When your employer pays you, log into your PayPal account. On the “My Account” home page, select “Withdraw”. On the next page, there are several options for making money. You can:
- Send money from your PayPal account to your bank account (free).
- Request to send a check ($1.50)
- Ask for a PayPal bank card (free).
- Withdraw cash from an ATM ($1.00).
- Note: You must receive an email from a PayPal-related email address at the time of payment. This email should contain refund instructions.
- Enter your payment details on the next page. Depending on the payment method you choose, you may be asked for your bank account number, address, or other contact information. If you transfer money to your bank account, it will take 3-4 days to process. If you request a check or bank card, it will take 5-10 days to arrive.
Related Articles: Must read
- Get money back from PayPal
- Close or delete your PayPal account
- PayPal need my SSN
- Refund money on PayPal
- Transfer money from Venmo to PayPal
Accept payment from paypal FAQs
How do I get paid through PayPal?
People using PayPal can only send money if they know their email address or mobile phone number. When someone sends you money, we’ll send you an email instructing you to open a PayPal account so you can receive that money.
How does PayPal accept the first payment?
To receive payments, you must first verify your email address. You will receive an email notification when someone sends you a payment. You must personally accept the first payment. Any additional payments will be automatically credited to your account.